<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Movies, movies and more… “in the land of opportunity”

Have watched a lot of movies of late during the weekends since the last 3 months. And especially the last 3 months, because I happen to be currently based in the ‘land of opportunity’ and there are definitely opportunities for you here to watch movies left, right and center! Not convinced? Take a look.

I can watch a movie on any of the zillion channels that beam here….

Or I can log onto the internet, go to www.desitorrents.com or some other cool sites and download some cool movies...

Or I can access some of the links that directly lead to streaming movies over the net!

Or I can go to the local public library, register myself for free and take home DVDs (5 at a time) for free!

Or I can go to blockbuster..

Or netflix...

Or the conventional mode of theaters……

All this in our country? Thoda fight hai….with the amazing net speeds we have and the lack of netflix type business models.

My point is simple: There are many more opportunities to catch your favorite flicks out here. And at the same time, let me add this too: the feeling you get when you watch a movie in Satyam (Chennai), Maheshwari (Hyderabad) or Metro (Mumbai) is simply unmatched.

As is evident, I still love the conventional single screen theaters even though the world is increasingly being devoured by multiplexes!

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?